- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- For topping:
- 1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 4 Tb.(1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened slightly
- For Cake:
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for pan
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- To make Topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Add walnuts and stir to combine. Add butter and mix with your fingers until mixture has a moist, crumbly texture. Reserve.
- To make Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of sour cream and beat until combined. Add half of flour mixture and beat until combined. Repeat with remaining sour cream and vanilla, then add remaining flour and mix thoroughly. Using a spatula, gently fold in blueberries, stirring sparingly to keep batter from turning blue. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Distribute topping evenly over batter. Place spring-form pan on a baking sheet and bake about 55-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack and cool. Release sides of pan, cut cake into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
NotesThis is the BEST blueberry coffee cake I've ever had!! And the presentation is beautiful!!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More