- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cubed bread (use packaged “stuffing” bread cubes, or cut fresh bread into small cubes and toast in a 350° oven 10-12 minutes)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots or sweet onions
- 3 Tablespoons minced celery
- ½ cup dehydrated (freeze-dried) blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place butter and olive oil in heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté shallots (or onions) and celery in butter mixture until tender. Add blueberries and basil, stir, and remove from heat.
- Combine bread cubes, blueberry mixture and chicken stock. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Fill muffin cups with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake the Stuffin’ Muffins about 20 minutes, or until they begin to brown on top.
- Serve immediately
NotesRecipe by Chef Deanna Day, Culinary Manager at Rich Products Corporation
Note: Stuffin’ Muffins can be cooled and refrigerated or frozen for later use. To reheat, place Stuffin’ Muffins on baking sheet and bake until heated through, or heat in microwave on full power 20-30 seconds