- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups blueberries, picked over
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 lemon, zest removed in strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan combine the blueberries and 3/4 cup water, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it, covered, for 10 minutes. Puree the mixture in batches in a blender or food processor and force it through a fine sieve into a bowl, discarding the solids.
- 2. In the pan, cleaned, combine the sugar, the zest, and 1 1/2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and boil it, uncovered, until a candy thermometer registers 200 degrees F. Discard the zest, add the blueberry mixture, and boil the syrup, stirring, for 1 minute. Let the syrup cool, skim off any froth, and stir in the lemon juice.
- 3. Pour the syrup into glass jars with tight-fitting lids. The syrup keeps, covered and chilled, for 3 months. Serve the syrup warm over pancakes or ice cream.
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More