- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh blueberries **
- Pour boiling water over cracked wheat in a medium bowl. Stir well, cover and allow the mixture to rest for an hour. If any water remains after one hour, drain it off. Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, heat the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring constantly until lightly toasted. Set aside. When they're ready, toss the soaked cracked wheat with olive oil, pine nuts, mint, parsley and blueberries. Serve at room temperature.
- *Substitute: Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds for pine nuts.
- **Substitute: Dried blueberries, dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots for fresh blueberries.
- Serves 4
- Per serving: 220 calories, 7 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat), 33 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. protein, 8 g. dietary fiber, 10 mg. sodium.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More