- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts*
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh blueberries **
- Pour boiling water over cracked wheat in a medium bowl. Stir well, cover and allow the mixture to rest for an hour. If any water remains after one hour, drain it off. Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, heat the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring constantly until lightly toasted. Set aside. When they're ready, toss the soaked cracked wheat with olive oil, pine nuts, mint, parsley and blueberries. Serve at room temperature.
- *Substitute: Chopped walnuts or slivered almonds for pine nuts.
- **Substitute: Dried blueberries, dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots for fresh blueberries.
- Serves 4
- Per serving: 220 calories, 7 g. total fat (1 g. saturated fat), 33 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. protein, 8 g. dietary fiber, 10 mg. sodium.
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More