- Cooking Time: 22-25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 (17.3 oz) packages of frozen puffed pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 TBSP granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 c blueberries
- 2 tsp potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 4 tsp cassis
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- demerara sugar for sprinkling
- confectioner’s sugar for finishing
- Let the puff pastry thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Let the cream cheese come to a softened state at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 6 TBSP granulated sugar, seeds from vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and 2 egg yolks.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- In another bowl, combine blueberries, 4 TBSP sugar, potato starch, cassis and salt.
- Mix gently.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 10 inch square.
- With a round cutter or a plate, cut into 2 rounds per sheet.
- (I used a cereal bowl and gathered the scraps and quickly and lightly rolled another sheet to get 2 more rounds for a total of 10).
- Arrange on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Beat 2 egg yolks with 2 tsp water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the outer edge of each round with egg wash.
- In the center of each round place a TBSP of cream cheese and 3 TBSP of blueberry mixture.
- Fold in half to form a half moon and pinch the edges to seal.
- Crimp as desired. Cut a small line in each top to vent.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More