- Cooking Time: 22-25
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 (17.3 oz) packages of frozen puffed pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 TBSP granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 c blueberries
- 2 tsp potato starch (or cornstarch)
- 4 tsp cassis
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- demerara sugar for sprinkling
- confectioner’s sugar for finishing
- Let the puff pastry thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Let the cream cheese come to a softened state at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 6 TBSP granulated sugar, seeds from vanilla bean, vanilla extract, and 2 egg yolks.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- In another bowl, combine blueberries, 4 TBSP sugar, potato starch, cassis and salt.
- Mix gently.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 10 inch square.
- With a round cutter or a plate, cut into 2 rounds per sheet.
- (I used a cereal bowl and gathered the scraps and quickly and lightly rolled another sheet to get 2 more rounds for a total of 10).
- Arrange on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Beat 2 egg yolks with 2 tsp water to make an egg wash.
- Brush the outer edge of each round with egg wash.
- In the center of each round place a TBSP of cream cheese and 3 TBSP of blueberry mixture.
- Fold in half to form a half moon and pinch the edges to seal.
- Crimp as desired. Cut a small line in each top to vent.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Food Travels Through Italy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More