- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (12 oz) Nestle Toll House White Morsels
- 1 1/2 fresh or frozen blueberries
- Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir in milk, egg, butter, and lemon peel. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and blueberries. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
- Bake for about 19 minutes.
- Place remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty, resealable plastic storage bag. Microwave on Med-HI for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10-15 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.
- Streusel Topping: Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup AP flour and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in 3 Tbs butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles course crumbs.
NotesI bought a cookbook last year before Christmas because I wanted to bake the gifts I was to give my friends and family. I bought "Incredibly Easy Gifts from the Kitchen" on sale at Borders and found this wonderful muffin recipe. This could also act as a lovely dessert if you were oh-so-inclined.
These muffins are delicious, and the white chocolate chips bring out their sass.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Vegan Eats!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More