- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA recipe from my pastry arts class.
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbl baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter muffin tins and place aside.
- Combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add the blueberries and orange rind to the dry mixture and toss to combine. Mix the honey, egg yolks and sour cream together. Add them to the dry ingredients and stir just enough to mix the ingredients. If the batter seems a little dry, additional sour cream or buttermilk. Do not stir until batter is smooth, small lumps will disappear in baking.
- Whip the egg whites to firm peaks, fold into the muffin batter in two additions. Fill the muffin tins 2/3rd's full and bake 20-22 minutes. Cool in tins 1 minute before removing.