- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYears ago when I lived in San Francisco this was the place to go for spectacular desserts. Sadly they are no longer there; but this pie will live on.
- 1 pie shell, preferably
- chocolate pie shell
- 1 butter, softened
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 t instand coffee powder
- 1 unsweetened chocolate (1 ounce), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream, chilled
- 6 T powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 T coffee powder, Instant
- chocolate curls, optional
- Filling...With electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl until light & fluffy. Gradually add the sugar, beating on high speed. Beat in instant coffee & melted chocolate.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on high speed 5 minutes after each egg. Spread filling evenly in cooled pie shell. Cover & refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
- Topping...With electric mixer, beat cream, powdered sugar & instant coffee in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Drop dollops of cream around edges of pie. Arrange a few chocolate curls in center. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.