- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cups shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Whisk the egg, water and vinegar, gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Divide into four portions.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
- Transfer pastry to pie plates.
- Trim each pastry to 1/2 inch beyond the edge of pie plate, flute edges.
- Fill or bake shells according to recipe directions.
- Yields 4 pie shells.
NotesI got this recipe in a recent Taste of Home magazine, I share my magazines and didn't want to lose this recipe so I thought I would post it here. I am the pie baker for Thanksgiving and thought I would give this recipe a try this year.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More