- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish Onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 3 cups canned plum tomatoes, pureed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the onion, and cook, stirring until soft, about 5 minutes; do not brown. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and ground pepper, and simmer until thickened, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Brush Sauce on steaks or chicken while cooking.
NotesThis is a Sweet and Spicy sauce that is great on steaks and chicken.