- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Combine dressing with salad.
- Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
NotesMake at least 2 hours in advance to allow flavors to meld.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More