- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 pieces of stewing beef such as shoulder
- an egg size slice of butter
- 25 of Grelot onions or small onions
- 125g of Pork breast
- Salt and Pepper
- spoonful of flour
- half a liter of some Burgundy red wine
- half a litre of beef stock
- "bouquet garni"+ 2 garlic pods
- Ask your butcher to prepare 8 pieces of stewing beef such as shoulder. Then start cutting in to thick slices 125g of Pork breast.
- In the casserole cut a an egg size slice of butter and let it melt . Once the butter is sizzling. Add in 25 of Grelot onions or small onions if you can't find any. Let them turn into a blond color which should take you approximately 5 min. Take them out of the casserole with a skimmer and store them for the end of the recipe.
- Keep the gas on a low medium. Now add the pieces of pork to the butter, let them blond for 1 or 2 min and take them out of the casserole with the skimmer.
- Salt and Pepper the pieces of beef and add all of them in the casserole where the butter still is, plus the pieces of Pork. Turn up the heat a bit, to color the pieces of meat in a blond color approx 2 min. Take a spoonful of flour and blend it with the meat by stirring it in the casserole.
- Then, Take half a liter of some Burgundy red wine and poor it over the meat, let it boil up, add half a litre of beef stock let it boil gently too. Then add the "bouquet garni"+ 2 garlic pods. Cover up the casserole with the lid and let it gently cook for 3 hours on a low gas mark, just enough to hear a gentle bubbly noise.
- After 2 h 45, add back in the onions left aside. 15 min later take out the pieces of beef on to a heated plate. Take out also the bouquet garni and the garlic.
- Turn up the heat. Leave the casserole open and start reducing the sauce for approx 20 min. It has to be thick enough to cover the back of a wooden spoon, it needs to be consistent. Not as thick as jelly but not as runny as water. Check if there is enough salt and pepper before serving.
- The meat goes well with some boiled potatoes 2 or 3 per person. When served the meat needs to be generously covered up by the sauce.
- Now after 3h30 min, you're in heaven.
NotesThis cooks for 4 people. The best results is obtained by cooking it in a Le creuset caserole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
My Family Cookbook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More