- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Remind guests that cooking forks are not for eating. They get hot.
I use peanut oil.
Heat oil on the stove before bringing to table.
Round steak (one-inch cubes) is a good meat to use.
- Ingredients: Meat
- 1/3 to 1/2 lb meat per person, cut in one-inch cubes
- Oil or butter
- Ingredients for Mayonnaise- or catsup-based dipping Sauces:
- sweet pickle relish
- chopped onions
- finely chopped parsley
- finely chopped herbs such as thyme, rosemary
- mayonnaise with good mustard
- catsup with hot sauce
- Garnishes or sides:
- Little pickles (cornichons)
- Pickled onions
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Potato sticks
- Cube the meat.
- Prepare sauces, using any combination of base (mayonnaise or catsup) and other ingredients.
- Have several dipping sauces ready.
- Heat the oil or butter.
- Allow each guest to cook only one or two pieces of meat at one time, to keep the cooking heat constant.
- Don’t try to have more than five or six people using one heat source.
- Have on table dipping sauces and garnishes or sides (e.g., pickles, olives, potato sticks).