- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk(I used cream)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 1/2 rolled oats (I used 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Put butter, milk, sugar and cocoa in large saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring often. Boil for 5 minutes. I think I would only boil this for maybe 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in rolled oats, cherries and raisins. Drop by teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen.
NotesMy son was wanting chocolate. In the morning I thought of these cookies. Quick to make. And it fixed his craving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Italian Exchange
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More