- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c sugar
- 1 stick butter/margarine
- 1/4 c cocoa(optional)
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 1/2 c oatmeal
- 1 c nuts(optional)
- Mix and boil sugar, butter/margarine, cocoa & milk for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, peanut butter, oatmeal & nuts.
- Mix well.
- Spoon by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
- *Work quickly as mixture will start to thicken in a hurry.
- I've tried both quick-cook and old fashioned oatmeal with these cookies and been sucessful & unsucessful with both. So I guess it's a toss up
NotesThese have been a Christmas tradition in my family since before I was even born. If you like peanut butter they're delicious! Until a few years ago the knack for making these cookies escaped me. I tried year after year, sometimes making multiple batches and although they always tasted good, the cookies never "set". I still can't put my finger on what the problem was, I'm just glad I've achieved success FINALLY!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
My Family Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More