Bok Choy Stir-fry with Mushrooms
6-8 shitake mushrooms, quartered
1/3 cup of water
1 head of bok choy
1/2 cup of oyster mushrooms
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1. Soak the shitake mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and cut off the tough stalks of the mushroom.
2. Clean and cut the boy choy into large strips.
3. Halve large oyster and shitake mushrooms by knife.
4. Add olive oil in a heated wok. When the oil starts to smoke, stir fry the garlic until slightly brown.
5. Add bok choy to wok and stir fry for about a minute. Mix in all the mushrooms and stir fry for another minute.
6. Add the oyster sauce, toss well and serve while it's hot.
Pairs Well With
Bok choy is a popular Chinese vegetable. It can be used in soups, stir-fried or as an appetizer. Chinese calls it the white cabbage, although it doesn't taste anything like cabbage. I like to cook this dish in the summer, because it's light and the mushrooms really compliments the bok choy so well