- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- These are so good and make great gifts in cookie tins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- Few drops food color, if desired
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dates, nuts, semisweet chocolate chips, candied cherries or maraschino
- Glaze or Chocolate Glaze (below)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and food color.
- Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. (If dough is dry, mix in 1
- to 2 tablespoons milk.) F
- or each cookie, shape dough by tablespoonful
- around date, nut, chocolate chip or cherry to form ball.
- Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until set but not brown, 12-15 minutes; cool.
- Dip tops of cookies into Glaze.
- Decorate with coconut, nuts, colored sugar,
- chocolate chips or chocolate shot, if desired. About 24 cookies.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
NotesThese are so good and make great gifts in cookie tins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More