- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- These are so good and make great gifts in cookie tins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- Few drops food color, if desired
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dates, nuts, semisweet chocolate chips, candied cherries or maraschino
- Glaze or Chocolate Glaze (below)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and food color.
- Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. (If dough is dry, mix in 1
- to 2 tablespoons milk.) F
- or each cookie, shape dough by tablespoonful
- around date, nut, chocolate chip or cherry to form ball.
- Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until set but not brown, 12-15 minutes; cool.
- Dip tops of cookies into Glaze.
- Decorate with coconut, nuts, colored sugar,
- chocolate chips or chocolate shot, if desired. About 24 cookies.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
NotesThese are so good and make great gifts in cookie tins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More