- Servings: 24
- These are so good and make great gifts in cookie tins
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- Few drops food color, if desired
- 11/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Dates, nuts, semisweet chocolate chips, candied cherries or maraschino
- Glaze or Chocolate Glaze (below)
Heat oven to 350.
Mix powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and food color.
Work in flour and salt until dough holds together. (If dough is dry, mix in 1
to 2 tablespoons milk.) F
or each cookie, shape dough by tablespoonful
around date, nut, chocolate chip or cherry to form ball.
Place about 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until set but not brown, 12-15 minutes; cool.
Dip tops of cookies into Glaze.
Decorate with coconut, nuts, colored sugar,
chocolate chips or chocolate shot, if desired. About 24 cookies.
*Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.