- Cooking Time: 18
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Beat butter, almond extract, and martini till mixed- the combination may look separated, but continue on.
- Add sugar, combine while mixing in low speed.
- Add in half of flour, then one egg, then the rest of the flour, and the last egg.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is well combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 standard muffin cups.
- Bake 18 minutes. Let cool.
- Poke holes with bamboo skewer and glaze with Martini Sugar Syrup. Let dry.
- Frost with Lillet Buttercream Frosting
NotesMy husband and I love James Bond. In 'Casino Royale', Bond invents and names his classic drink, the Vesper Martini; 'Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet.' You can read more about it here. I decided to make a cupcake version- why not?
As always the frosting carries more flavor, but the cake has a nice, subtle martini taste if you eat it alone. Not too light, but not in-your-face and without that crazy 'Why does anybody drink gin?!?!?' taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
The Italian Exchange
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More