- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves, skin on (about 2 pounds per half; ask your butcher to prepare it for you)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups Granny Smith apple, skin on, cut into ½-inch dice (about 2 large apples)
- 1 cup fresh jicama, peeled, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 cup red onion, cut into ½-inch dice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spray a shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the turkey breast halves in the pan skin side up. Sprinkle the turkey breast halves with the garlic salt and cover the pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the turkey at least 2 hours or up to overnight. This dry-brining lets the garlic salt permeate the meat and will help to keep the turkey moist.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic wrap and pour the melted butter over the turkey breast halves, using your fingers or a pastry brush to make sure the entire surface of the turkey is coated. Roast the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (start checking after an hour; it will probably take about 90 minutes). Tent the pan with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes.
- While the turkey is roasting, make the salsa: In a large bowl, mix together the blueberries, apple, jicama, onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Let sit at room temperature until the turkey is done.
- To serve, cut the turkey into ¼-inch slices. Place the slices on a serving platter, fanning them gently. Spoon a line of the salsa down the middle of the turkey breast slices. Put the rest of the salsa in a serving bowl next to the platter.
NotesRecipe by Erika Kerekes for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More