- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour or 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour baking pan, 13x9x2 inches, or two 9-inch or three 8-inch round layer pans.
- In large mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs and Vanilla until fluffy. Beat 5 minutes on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. On low speed, mix in flour, and baking powder, alternatively with milk. Pour into pan(s)
- Bake oblong 45 to 50 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
NotesAny blonde cake batter will work great for Vampire Cupcakes; here's one that I use a lot, from Betty Crocker's Cookbook
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More