- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, raisins, baking soda, salt, margarine and boiling water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- The following day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Beat egg and flour into raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More