- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, raisins, baking soda, salt, margarine and boiling water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- The following day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Beat egg and flour into raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Cooking for a Cure
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More