- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, raisins, baking soda, salt, margarine and boiling water. Cover and let stand overnight.
- The following day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Beat egg and flour into raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More