- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven 375F
- 1) Mix sugar and egg
- 2) Add sifted flour and baking soda, alternating with softened butter.
- 3) When thoroughly mixed add almond extract.
- 4) Place dough in greased cake or pie pan. Press into place with fork.
- You can brush with egg white and sprinkle slivered almonds to give it a fancier look.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick tests clean.
- This is a Dutch recipe. There are variations on this cake in the nordic countries.
NotesThis is a Dutch recipe. There are variations on this cake in the nordic countries.
This recipe was handed down to me by mother and to her by her mother. It is great with coffee in the morning. Ingredients are found in most kitchens, so great when you need to bring a last minute baked good somewhere.