- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove; crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a boil.
- Once it's been boiling for 30 seconds, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over hot rice.
NotesMy wife is Creole so I would be in the dog house if I didn't include this Louisiana favorite. I used a copykat recipe from years ago that I modified to my wife's liking.
Italy or Bust
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More