- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove; crushed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a boil.
- Once it's been boiling for 30 seconds, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over hot rice.
NotesMy wife is Creole so I would be in the dog house if I didn't include this Louisiana favorite. I used a copykat recipe from years ago that I modified to my wife's liking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More