- Cooking Time: 50-55 min.
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 cp. dark colored corn syrup
- 2/3 cp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cp. butter, melted
- 3/4 cp. coarsely broken pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell
- whipped cream, optional
- ground nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.In a small saucepan combine raisins and bourbon.Bring mixture just to boiling over med. heat, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 min.Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 min. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, cinnamon,the 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and cloves.Add eggs and melted butter, and beat well.Stir in pecans and raisin mixture.Spoon mixture into pastry shell. Bake for 50-55 min. or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.Refrigerate pie within 2 hrs;cover for longer storage.If desired, top pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg
NotesThis recipe comes from bhg and they have some wonderful dessert recipes. I have used quite a few, and they where always great.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Fueling a Firehouse
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More