- Cooking Time: 50-55 min.
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 cp. dark colored corn syrup
- 2/3 cp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cp. butter, melted
- 3/4 cp. coarsely broken pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pastry shell
- whipped cream, optional
- ground nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.In a small saucepan combine raisins and bourbon.Bring mixture just to boiling over med. heat, reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 min.Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 min. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, cinnamon,the 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and cloves.Add eggs and melted butter, and beat well.Stir in pecans and raisin mixture.Spoon mixture into pastry shell. Bake for 50-55 min. or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.Refrigerate pie within 2 hrs;cover for longer storage.If desired, top pie with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg
NotesThis recipe comes from bhg and they have some wonderful dessert recipes. I have used quite a few, and they where always great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More