- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey (no carbs in whiskey, it doesn’t hurt Level 1 for somersizing, I just leave it out)
- pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a heavy skillet. Saute the garlic and onion until onion is transparent. Remove garlic and onion from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Brown the chicken breast halves on both sides. Return garlic and onion to skillet, add the chicken broth and bourbon. Cover and cook over very low heat until chicken is tender and done, about 20 to 25 minutes.