BOURBON APPLE CRISP
- 1/2 cup flour
- pinch baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 4 cup sliced, peeled apples
- 3 Tbsp bourbon (optional)
In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients in work bowl.
Add margarine and pulse. Remove blade and mix in rolled oats by hand (mixing in by hand helps retain the texture or oatmeal).
Place apples in a greased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Drizzle bourbon over apples, if desired. Spoon flour mixture evenly over the apples.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven 40-45 minutes until browned. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.