- 2lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
Heat oil in pan and add chicken pieces, cooking until lightly bown. Remove from pan.
Add remaining ingredients to pan, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
Add chicken back to pan and bring to a hard boil
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
Serve over steamed rice