- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove Chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
NotesI have never tried authetic bourbon chicken before so I do not know how this compares to the real thing, but I do know that this dish is wonderful.
Tips: If you prefer a thicker sauce make a slurry with cornstarch and water and add it to the sauce while cooking.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More