- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Chicken breast halves
- 4 oz Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Powdered ginger
- 2 tbs. Dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 tbs. White wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in a zip lock bag, removing as much air as possible before "zipping"!
- Let stand (turning often) for several hours (best overnight).
- Bake chicken at 350º for one hour in a single layer, covered tightly with aluminum foil.
- Remove chicken pieces to a platter and keep warm.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a small sauce pan, heat and thicken with corn starch, and add 2 Tbs. white wine.
- Serve over chicken.
- (another method is to place all ingredients in a frying pan on the stove and cook at a low temp until the meat is shreading. (About an hour- an hour and 1/2). I found no difference in this over having it marinade overnight.)
Serve with white rice.