Why I Love This Recipe
Goes with the Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients You'll Need
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons bourbon
4 cups homemade chicken stock
1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup light brown sugar
8 whole black peppercorns
1 chipotle in adobo sauce
Chopped Kosher salt
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Cook the onions until soft, and then pour in 2 cups of the bourbon and cook until reduced to a few tablespoons.
3. Stir in the chicken stock, apple juice, brown sugar, peppercorns and chipotle, and cook until reduced by half.
4. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, and then return to the pan and cook until it becomes the consistency of a sauce.
5. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons bourbon and cook 2 minutes.
6. Season with salt.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/spice-rubbed-pork-tenderloin-with-bourbon-chipotle-sauce-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Savory Sauce