- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken
- breast halves
- 1/4 cup clarified butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar 2 2/3 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Stir together the pecans, bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons of clarified butter.
- Spread the mixture out on a plate.
- Press the chicken breasts into the mixture to coat on both sides.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of clarified butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in the pan, and fry on both sides until nicely browned and chicken meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the Dijon mustard, brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then remove from the burner, and whisk in the 3/4 cup of unsalted butter one piece at a time.
- Do not return to the heat.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a large serving plate.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, and sprinkle with green onion.
Notes"Chicken breasts are coated in a pecan breading, and fried in a skillet. Then a rich bourbon sauce is poured over them before serving. This is a fabulous recipe that my Mother gave me from a upscale restaurant in New York. It is to die for. ENJOY!!"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More