- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you purchase pecan pieces for the crust, you will need to chop them a bit smaller. You can do this with a sharp knife, or use a small food processor or nut chopper.
- -1/3 c finely chopped pecans
- -2 TBS all-purpose flour
- -1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz box), softened as directed on box
- -3 eggs
- -3/4 c packed brown sugar
- -3 TBS all-purpose flour
- -1 c dark brown corn syrup
- -2 TBS butter or margarine, melted
- -2 TBS bourbon
- -1 1/2 c pecan halves
- -3/4 c whipping cream
- -2 TBS packed brown sugar
- -1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 325?. In bottom of ungreased 9" glass pie plate, mix 1/3 cup chpped pecans and 2 tablespoons flour. Place pie crust over pecan mixture in pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- -In large bowl, beat aggs slightly with hand beater or wire whisk. Beat in 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, the corn syrup, butter and bourbon until smooth. Stir in pecan halbes. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- -Bake 15 minutes. Cover top of crust with foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until filling is set and center of pie is puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- -In chilled medium bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Servie pie topped with whipped cream.