- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you purchase pecan pieces for the crust, you will need to chop them a bit smaller. You can do this with a sharp knife, or use a small food processor or nut chopper.
- -1/3 c finely chopped pecans
- -2 TBS all-purpose flour
- -1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz box), softened as directed on box
- -3 eggs
- -3/4 c packed brown sugar
- -3 TBS all-purpose flour
- -1 c dark brown corn syrup
- -2 TBS butter or margarine, melted
- -2 TBS bourbon
- -1 1/2 c pecan halves
- -3/4 c whipping cream
- -2 TBS packed brown sugar
- -1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 325?. In bottom of ungreased 9" glass pie plate, mix 1/3 cup chpped pecans and 2 tablespoons flour. Place pie crust over pecan mixture in pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- -In large bowl, beat aggs slightly with hand beater or wire whisk. Beat in 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, the corn syrup, butter and bourbon until smooth. Stir in pecan halbes. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- -Bake 15 minutes. Cover top of crust with foil to prevent excessive browning; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until filling is set and center of pie is puffed and golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- -In chilled medium bowl, beat topping ingredients with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Servie pie topped with whipped cream.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Baylee's Healthy BytesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More