- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 2 Tbsp water
- Beat shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and beat 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Combine sour cream and bourbon.
- Combine flour, BP, salt and nutmeg. Add to shortening mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture. Mix low after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake 325 for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients and stir util smooth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More