- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 x red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 x large onion, chopped
- 1 x head garlic, peeled, whole cloves
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps of fennel seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. farfalle or rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic cloves into a 9â€ by 13â€ baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add fennel seed, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Put in oven and roast for about 45 minutes, or until very soft and caramelized.
- Pour vegetables into a medium saucepan and puree with an immersion blender, adding a splash of water to help it along.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just prior to serving, reheat sauce in a large pot.
- Add hot, cooked pasta and toss well. Adjust seasoning.
- When you mix pasta in; you could add baby spinach or some cilantro. If you prefer to add some meat; chourice(Portuguese sausage) sliced up and just lightly browned is good to add too. Top with some shaved Parmagiano-Reggiano cheese.
NotesThis one is from Michael Smith of "Chef at Home" on Food Network Canada. Very simple and you could add to it to change it up a bit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More