BOWTIES WITH CHICKEN & CRANBERRIES
- 3/4 c. sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/3 c. port wine or cranberry cocktail juice
- 1/2 c. shallots, sliced
- 2 T. butter
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. dried thyme
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 10-1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 12-oz. pkg. bowtie pasta, cooked
Combine cranberries and juice in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high setting for one minute.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté shallot in butter for 5 minutes.
Mix flour, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper in a plastic zipping bag; add chicken and shake to coat.
Add chicken and any remaining flour mixture to skillet; cook for 5 minutes.
Add broth; simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain cranberries; stir into skillet and heat through.
Combine bowties and chicken mixture; toss well. Serves 6.