- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened (Full fat)
- 5 Tb Sour Cream (Full fat)
- 2 eggs; separated
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2/3-cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 TB Honey or more to taste
- 1 TB Rose water, Jasmine water or Orange Blossom water (Neroli).
- You will need 2 small bowls for pasteurizing the eggs; In one bowl place the yolks with 1/8 cup of the sugar.
- In the other place the egg whites.
- Over simmering water, whisk the yolks and sugar until they reach 140 degrees. Remove from heat and move to a large clean bowl to stop cooking.
- Place the egg whites over the simmering water and begin whisking.
- Once they become foamy start adding the sugar and continue whisking until the whites reach 125 degrees.
- Remove from heat and continue beating until stiff peaks have formed.
- To the yolks in the large bowl, add the cream cheese and sour cream with 1/4 tsp vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Fold in the egg whites 1/2 at a time.
- Chill, covered with saran on the surface to prevent skinning, until ready to use.
- Make the Couli (this is not a cooked couli)
- Throw frozen raspberries and strawberries in the food processor, process until almost smooth.
- Run this mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add 1 TB Honey or more until you like the taste (I like it a little sour so I don't use much)
- To assemble –
- Take 4 Cocktail glasses (Which look like large martini glasses) or 6 martini glasses (Real sized martini glasses)
- Add 1 TB rose water to the first, swirl around the glass like you would vermouth for a martini, pour the rose water from the first glass into the second and swirl the second… repeat with the third and fourth, moving the remaining rose water from glass to glass.
- Divide 3/4 of the couli between the glasses, then divide the cream cheese mixture between the glasses.
- Drizzle the remaining couli over the top of the cream with a spoon and swirl with a chop stick.
- You may chill again for about 1-2 hours before a crust starts to form on the top…
NotesThis is a fantastic combination of cool creamy cheese with tart fruit couli with a hint of rose. It has almost a mousse like consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More