- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Brach's Milk Maid Caramels
- 1 box milk chocolate cake mix
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate Icing:
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour half of batter into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels, butter and milk together in saucepan on low heat, stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- Remove cake from oven and pour caramel mixture over it.
- Top with chocolate chips and pecans. Cover with remaining cake batter and return to oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees until done.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To prepare icing, remove lid from frosting can and microwave on high for approximately 30 seconds.
- Stir in chopped pecans. Pour over cooled cake.
NotesI got this recipe from a bag of Brach's caramels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More