- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from a bag of Brach's caramels.
- 1 pkg. Brach's Milk Maid Caramels
- 1 box milk chocolate cake mix
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate Icing:
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour half of batter into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, melt caramels, butter and milk together in saucepan on low heat, stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- Remove cake from oven and pour caramel mixture over it.
- Top with chocolate chips and pecans. Cover with remaining cake batter and return to oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees until done.
- Allow to cool completely.
- To prepare icing, remove lid from frosting can and microwave on high for approximately 30 seconds.
- Stir in chopped pecans. Pour over cooled cake.