- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI wanted to fix something different that was quick for dinner one night. I found this recipe and made a few changes to it!
- 1 lb top of the crown round steak (the kind that is about 1/8 inch thick in the meat case) You can use top round steak, cut into 4-6 pieces and pound each piece until 1/8 inch thick if you don't want to spring for the thin kind!)
- 8-12 oz finely shredded Italian blend cheese
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- spaghetti sauce (You could use a brown gravy if you would prefer instead of the spaghetti sauce. If I would do that, I would use the package mix and mix per directions and add 4-6 ounces of sour cream! Be creative!)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the steak.
- Heap cheese on the steak - the more the better!
- Roll up the steak and tie it with string (I used kite string) to hold it together.
- Heat olive oil.
- When hot, brown all sides of the steak.
- Place steak in baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and cook at 325-350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done. (Watch it, because the cheese will thicken the sauce, and you do not want it to get too thick.
- If not done and getting thick, add a little water to thin down.
- When done, move steak to a plate to cool down enough to remove the string.
- Be creative in your serving of this!