- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb top of the crown round steak (the kind that is about 1/8 inch thick in the meat case) You can use top round steak, cut into 4-6 pieces and pound each piece until 1/8 inch thick if you don't want to spring for the thin kind!)
- 8-12 oz finely shredded Italian blend cheese
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- spaghetti sauce (You could use a brown gravy if you would prefer instead of the spaghetti sauce. If I would do that, I would use the package mix and mix per directions and add 4-6 ounces of sour cream! Be creative!)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the steak.
- Heap cheese on the steak - the more the better!
- Roll up the steak and tie it with string (I used kite string) to hold it together.
- Heat olive oil.
- When hot, brown all sides of the steak.
- Place steak in baking dish.
- Cover with sauce and cook at 325-350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done. (Watch it, because the cheese will thicken the sauce, and you do not want it to get too thick.
- If not done and getting thick, add a little water to thin down.
- When done, move steak to a plate to cool down enough to remove the string.
- Be creative in your serving of this!
NotesI wanted to fix something different that was quick for dinner one night. I found this recipe and made a few changes to it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More