- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 6-8 oz first cut/pork steaks
- (cheap .99 per pound) pork chops $4.00
- 1 medium onion diced
- (.10 (alternate green onions))
- 3 T vegetable oil (.10)
- 3 T cajun seasoning
- (available very cheaply at my walmart).10 (alternate chili powder, salt and gumbo file)
- 1 T chicken base
- (minors is great but I use granulated).10)
- 3 cups water
- (.00(alternate for chicken granuales and water 3 cups canned chicken stock, waste of money tho)
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained (.89)
- 1 can black beans drained
- (.89 (alternate kidney beans)
- 16 oz frozen okra ($1.00)
- 16 oz frozen corn (.89)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice (.25)
- salt and pepper to taste
- total cost= $7.25
- season all pork chops with cajun seasoning, brown in oil in a heavy bottom fry pan and place in 4 qt pot
- saute onions in fry pan until lightly browned and add to pot.
- deglaze the pan (add water and scrape pan to get the bits out of it) and add to pot.
- add chicken base and stir being sure pork is covered.
- bring to boil
- turn down to simmer for 15 minutes
- remove pork and set asside, add all vegetables and rice stir lightly and bring to boil.
- reduce to simmer and place pork on top of rice simmer covered for 18-20 minutes adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- serve and enjoy.
- serving: one pork chop and 1 cup of rice pilaf.
- there will be leftover rice for seconds (they will ask)this whole dish would sell for 7.95 with a food cost of .90 per plate.
- Total cooking and prep time under 1 hour. Actual work time (time dicing and preparing)10 minutes.
NotesI love to create dishes for friends and family, last friday we had 8 of us and I made this one up total cost under 10 dollars. It is basically dirty rice made with pork chops. I have an aa in culinary arts and have been working in food service since the age of 14, now i am 38 and have been a chef for the last 15 years. I will be posting dishes as they come and picture of the finnished product as I create them. These days we need to use cheaper cuts and immagination to create something special. I will cost out all my recipes. All my recipes will use readily available ingredients, no strange things you would have to go to a gourmet store to acquire.
this is a complete meal costing in at less 10 dollars.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More