- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 head Celery
- 2oz Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 oz Butter
- Olive oil
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme
- 4 leaves Fresh Basil
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 2 cup Chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim outer rubs from celery head, leaving only the tender hearts. Trim the head to 6 inch lengths. Trim the roots slightly, leaving each head together. Cut each head lengthwise into quarters.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter and olive oil, until tender.
- Add celery quarters to the pan and saute, turning occasionally.
- Add thyme, basil, white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and braise in the oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove celery and reserve. Reduce the cooking liquid on the stove top until it thickens.
- Return celery to the pan and reheat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More