- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. new potatoes
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 T. sherry vinegar
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. chives, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Clean and quarter the potatoes. Place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Wash chicken under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet.
- Sear the thighs until browned on bot sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add them to the hot skillet, cut side down, and cook till lightly browned.
- Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the shallot and capers to the skillet and quickly saute, for about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth,, vinegar and lemon juice, scraping up the browned bits fromthe pan.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover with a tight lid.
- Cook the chicken until tender about 25 to 30 minutes. Add the browned potatoes to the pan during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Arrange the chicken and potaotes to a platter. Taste the sauce to check for seasoning, then bring to a simmer and cook for a minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
MidLife Road Trip's
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More