- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 T. olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs - thyme, sage, basil, rosemary, etc. coarsely chopped
- 8-10 pearl or cipiollini onions, peeled
- 10-12 small carrots, peeled with 2 inches of tops left on
- 12-16 small new potatoes, cut in halves
- 6-8 stalks of celery, cut in half
- 1/2 lb. yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb. zuchinni, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large strips
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup vegetable or tomato juice (like V8 or similar)
- In a large Dutch oven or paella pan saute the garlic in the oil over low heat. Add the herbs and saute one minute. Add all the vegetables in layers putting the potatoes and carrots on the bottom. Add the bay leaves and salt and pepper. Pour the juice over the vegetables. Do not stir. Bring heat to medium. Cover and cook for 40-60 minutes until the vegetables are tender, adding a bit more juice if needed.
- Serves 6-8.
NotesI made this for a church potluck and everyone loved how fresh the veggies tasted cooked this way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More