- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. 100% bran
- 1 c. boiling water
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pour boiling water over bran.
- Add buttermilk after bran and water have stood several minutes
- Cream sugar and shortening, then add eggs.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt.
- Add shortening and sugar to bran, then add flour mixture.
- Mix until flour diappears (do not stir, just dip out each time)
- bake 375 for 15-20 minutes in muffin pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More