- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. 100% bran
- 1 c. boiling water
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pour boiling water over bran.
- Add buttermilk after bran and water have stood several minutes
- Cream sugar and shortening, then add eggs.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt.
- Add shortening and sugar to bran, then add flour mixture.
- Mix until flour diappears (do not stir, just dip out each time)
- bake 375 for 15-20 minutes in muffin pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
A Falcon FeastSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More