- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. 100% bran
- 1 c. boiling water
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pour boiling water over bran.
- Add buttermilk after bran and water have stood several minutes
- Cream sugar and shortening, then add eggs.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt.
- Add shortening and sugar to bran, then add flour mixture.
- Mix until flour diappears (do not stir, just dip out each time)
- bake 375 for 15-20 minutes in muffin pan.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More