- Cooking Time: 3 to 5 minutes
- Servings: 2 Cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis is the sauce that is used with the Chicken Erickson.
- 4 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 4 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In saucepan, mix shallots,vermouth and brandy and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Whisk in mustard, salt, pepper and cream and cook over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is consistency of light gravy.
- Add parsley if desired.