- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 8 T. butter
- In a large skillet, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter until brown. Sprinkle liberally with seasoning salt. Add Worcestershire sauce and simmer until almost all sauce is absorbed by the mushrooms. Add the brandy and continue to simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- Kay says: I added a bit extra worcestershire and next time will do that again and omit the seasoning salt. The worcestershire seems to make it plenty salty. Since the bottle of brandy I used only had a couple of ounces left after measuring the 1/2 c. the recipe calls for, I just poured it in!!! Man!! These were totally awesome!!!!!
- Took about 45 minutes total cooking time!! Enjoy!!!!
NotesHere's another winner I found on TOH Recipes in late spring of '05! This is awesome on grilled steaks! Even better on grilled burgers!! DH likes American cheese on his burger with the 'shrooms on top. I prefer using Swiss cheese, the 'shrooms and then a dollop of sour cream!! OHGoodness!! Yummmm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More