- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Peach to sugar ratio is 1/2# sugar to 1# peaches
- 1 peck Peaches(3 average peaches = 1 pound)
- 1 Qt good Brandy - He recommends Fundador...(45.00 a bottle...HAH - but it is very good)
- Sugar (1 cup sugar = 1/2 pound)
- 1 Whole clove per pound of peaches
- Sterile Quart Jars OR Large Stone Crock
- Peel peaches: Cut a small x in the blossom end of each peach. Place peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds. Remove from boiling water and quickly submerge in ice cold water for a few minutes, or until cool enough to handle. The skin should slip off. Cut peaches in half and remove pit.
- After peaches have been skinned, weigh them and use one half of their weight in sugar.(or count for an approximation)
- Quart Jars take about 3 peaches - 1 clove - FOR JARS ONLY...heat brandy and sugar to just below boil - stirring constantly ...remove immediately from heat and set pan in cold water to stop the cooking. Pour over peaches. Pack jars and pour in brandy to till jars within 1/2 inch - Close jar tightly. - ready in 4-6 weeks.
- Have a large, clean, covered stone crock and put in a layer of peaches,(about a pound) a layer of sugar and 1 clove until all ingredients are used.
- Pour the brandy over the layers. Cover the crock with a heavy piece of white muslin before placing on the top of the crock. Set aside in a cool place and allow peaches to stand 6 to 12 weeks before using.
NotesFrom Bill ... we made this together on our 1st date...1963
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More