- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 bratwursts, cooked and sliced
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrots.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until tender, stirring every so often to keep from sticking.
- Stir in flour, cook about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, stock and beer.
- Bring to a boil and cook 10- 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add mustard powder, granulated garlic, salt and peppers.
- Combine milk and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir into soup.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Add cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Remove 2 cups of vegetables with some liquid and add to a blender or food processor.
- Stir back into the soup to give it nice body.
- Return to low heat and add sliced, cooked bratwurst.
- Cook until bratwurst is warm- about 5 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More