- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can or bottle beer
- 4 bratwurst (about 1 pound)
- 1 sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 brat rolls
- Prepare coals for direct grilling.
- Pour beer into heavy medium saucepan with ovenproof handle. (If not ovenproof, wrap heavy-duty foil around handle.) Place saucepan on grill.
- Pierce bratwurst with knife; add to beer. Simmer, uncovered, over medium coals 15 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place onion rings on heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold sides of foil over rings to enclose. Place packets on grill. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until onion rings are tender.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill. Remove saucepan from grill; discard beer. Grill bratwurst 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once during grilling.
- Place bratwurst in rolls. Top with onions. Garnish as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Vegan Eats!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More