- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can or bottle beer
- 4 bratwurst (about 1 pound)
- 1 sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 brat rolls
- Prepare coals for direct grilling.
- Pour beer into heavy medium saucepan with ovenproof handle. (If not ovenproof, wrap heavy-duty foil around handle.) Place saucepan on grill.
- Pierce bratwurst with knife; add to beer. Simmer, uncovered, over medium coals 15 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place onion rings on heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold sides of foil over rings to enclose. Place packets on grill. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until onion rings are tender.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill. Remove saucepan from grill; discard beer. Grill bratwurst 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once during grilling.
- Place bratwurst in rolls. Top with onions. Garnish as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce