BRATWURSTS ON TOASTED ROLLS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 bratwursts
- 6 good quality hot dog buns, lightly toasted
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced unpeeled Granny Smith or other tart apple
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To caramelize onions, heat butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When melted and hot, add onion slices and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes. Add sugar and cook until onions are deep golden brown, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes more. Remove onions from heat and set aside.
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce; Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill brats (I prefer to slice them partially through). Place in toasted buns, spread with onions and then horseradish sauce.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More