- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. Brazil nuts (2lbs. unshelled or 1 lb. shelled)
- 1 lb. dates
- 1 c. (8oz. jar) drained maraschino cherries
- 3/4 c. each flour and sugar
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- Put nuts, dates and cherries into large bowl. Put 3/4 c. sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt over nuts and fruit.
- Mix with hands until nuts and fruits are coated. Beat eggs until foamy and add vanilla. Stir into fruit-nut mixture until well mixed.
- Turn into greased and waxed paper line pan 9 1/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4. Bake one hour and 45 minutes in slow oven, 300 degrees. Cool thoroughly before icing.
- To freeze wrap in aluminum foil.
NotesFrom 1979 ABC Cookbook
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More